Tuesday, 12 February 2013

INTRODUCTION 5 NOV 1945

INTRODUCTION

I'm a Malay teenager writing about how the World War Two affected the people living in Singapore. I've seen a lot of Japanese soldiers killing or should I say, slaughtering, massacring, exterminating and executing innocent people right in front of my eyes. The sad thing is that, one of my family members were the victims. 

My family members were doing their daily routines at home when suddenly they heard a gun shot. We were all scared and devastated. We heard people screaming and begging to be spared a life. Suddenly, our house door opened widely as one of the Japanese soldiers kicked the door open. We quickly hide into a hiding spot. My sister and I hid behind the cabinets while my mum and my dad hid inside the closet. My brother did not manage to find a proper hiding spot as he did not have time so he hid underneath the bed. When the soldiers when into my room, I was forced to held my breath so I won't make any noises. As the soldier walk towards the bed, he bent down and reached his arms out to grab my brother underneath the bed. He dragged my brother out and pushed him to the wall hard. After that he slowly took out his riffle gun and shot my brother a couple of times till he was dead. I could not bear to watch it any longer.

Since that day onwards, I was traumatized and was scared of all the Japanese soldiers.



RIP TO MY BROTHER, SALIM.     ):

Sources: Created by myself.  (Date accessed: 12-02-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment